In addition to our Official CIW Courseware, available in printed or electronic (PDF) format, we also offer a comprehensive set of complementary online resources that improve your CIW learning experience.
For each CIW course, we provide supplemental materials for instructors and for students. Materials include files required to complete the coursework, as well as other optional elements. Read More...
We offer an online pre-assessment test that mirrors the number of questions and distribution of skills objectives on the high-stakes CIW Web Foundations Associate certification exam. Read More...
The CIW Pre-Assessment helps students determine their existing skill levels and their readiness to take the CIW Web Foundations Associate training courses. It also helps identify knowledge areas in which students need to focus their studies in order to pass the certification exam.
The CIW Pre-Assessment allows students to:
- Practice time management, because the test's time limit mirrors the certification exam's time limit
- Exit the test at any time (they must start over on their next attempt)
- Skip a question, flag it for review and return to it later
- Review all answers before getting the final score
- See which questions they missed, with correct answers and explanations
- Repeat the test as many times as needed within the subscription period
- See their scores in My Progress at the top of the page
Movie clips provide supplementary instruction in a multimedia format, and enhance the CIW coursebook narrative and labs.
CIW Course Mastery
CIW Course Mastery is an online tool that delivers CIW course review questions. This tool is based on research in learning and memory, and it delivers an accelerated teaching solution that reduces training time and boosts retention of material in the learner's memory to provide 100-percent mastery of all content. Read More...
Students can use CIW Course Mastery after each lesson to review the material, and identify the concepts that they understand and those that they still need to learn. For each question, Course Mastery asks students to indicate their level of confidence in their answer. Course Mastery creates an adaptive, personalized learning plan and cycles the student through a process of test-learn-retest until
the student achieves mastery of the material.
We offer the following CIW Course Mastery products:
CIW Web Foundations Associate series
- Internet Business Associate Course Mastery
- Site Development Associate Course Mastery
- Network Technology Associate Course Mastery
CIW Web Design series
- Web Design Specialist Course Mastery
CIW Web Development series
CIW Lesson Quizzes
Certification Partners has added new lesson quizzes to the Web Foundations series of courses (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate). These quizzes are available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources. Read More...
These quizzes are composed of 20 randomly selected questions drawn from the pool of Course Mastery questions. They are in the Test Portal engine and act and feel like a Practice Exam, but are based on the lesson content instead of the exam objectives.
We created these new lesson quizzes because several instructors voiced concerns about not having a quiz to grade their students' progress for each lesson. Course Mastery only shows a status of complete or incomplete in the gradebook. Instructors will now be able to enter a grade for each lesson quiz.
This enhancement is available to all users currently enrolled in the CIW Online components.
CIW Online Exercises
CIW Online Exercises review knowledge of the topics presented in the course and help reinforce learning. The Exercises are presented in a variety of formats including flash cards, matching exercises, true-false questions, crossword puzzles and fill-in-the-blank exercises.
CIW Practice Exams
The CIW Practice Exams consist of a variety of tests designed to assess the students' knowledge of specific skills objectives and help students prepare for the high-stakes certification exam. Read More...
CIW Practice Exams consist of the following:
- Objective Reviews and Quizzes — We provide one Review and one Quiz for each CIW exam objective. Each Review and Quiz consists of a collection of randomly selected questions. The Objective Reviews allow students
to check their answers while taking the test.
- Reinforcement Tests — These tests consist of the entire bank of questions. The Reinforcement Tests allowstudents to check their answers while taking the test. At the end of the test, they can view their performance
on each exam objective.
- Self-Assessment Tests — These tests consist of the entire bank of questions. The Self-Assessment Tests assessmastery of the material. At the end of the test, students can view their performance on each exam objective. They will
also receive an e-mail message with this information to enable them to track their progress and concentrate their
study on particular sections of each lesson.
- Practice Exams — Each of these time-limited tests consist of a random selection of questions covering all exam objectives. The Practice Exams most closely simulate the experience of taking the high-stakes certification exam.
We offer the following CIW Practice Exams products:
CIW Web Foundations series
- Internet Business Associate Practice Exams
- Site Development Associate Practice Exams
- Network Technology Associate Practice Exams
CIW Web Design series
- Web Design Specialist Practice Exams
- E-Commerce Specialist Practice Exams
CIW Web Development series
- Perl Specialist Practice Exams
- Database Design Specialist Practice Exams
CIW Web Security series
- Web Security Associate Practice Exams
Note: You can purchase Official CIW Courseware with or without CIW Practice Exams.