Exam Guide for 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional
Note: This exam is retired, effective June 30th, 2011. Certifications previously awarded will remain valid. No further credentials will be issued. For more information visit our Exam Retirement web page
CREDIT TOWARD CERTIFICATION
CIW Internetworking Professional is a requirement for the following CIW certifications:
- CIW Certified Instructor - for those teaching CIW Internetworking Professional content.
- Master CIW Administrator
CIW Associates who pass the CIW Internetworking Professional exam also achieve the following CIW certification:
Candidates must complete the following prerequisites prior to sitting the CIW Internetworking Professional exam:
- CIW Certification Agreement. This simple on-line agreement needs to be completed only once, but is necessary for CIW Certification Central to ship CIW certificates (CIW Associate, CIW Professional or Master CIW certificates) to candidates who pass the required CIW certification exam(s).
- CIW Associate certificate. Passing the CIW Foundations exam 1D0-510 is required for those candidates to achieve CIW Professional, Master CIW Administrator, and/or Master CIW Web Site Manager certification designation.
- CIW Server Administrator. Passing the CIW Server Administrator exam 1D0-450 is required for those candidates seeking Master CIW Administrator certification designation.
No candidate is restricted from taking the CIW Server Administrator Professional exam. However, it is highly recommended that candidates take (and pass) CIW exams in sequential order.
Students who have taken CIW courses are encouraged to continue their studies and apply their new skills before attempting the 1D0-460 Internetworking Professional exam. Skills taught in the CIW Internetworking Professional courses are best reinforced with real-world experience.
The candidate is responsible for learning the content and achieving a passing score on the CIW Internetworking Professional exam. Comments regarding course delivery should be referred to the training company that delivered the course.
Any 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam will be subject to the following:
- Each delivery of the exam will include a random selection of 60 items.
- The examination period will be 75 minutes.
To achieve a passing score on the 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam, candidates must:
- Correctly answer at least 45 of the 60 questions to achieve a total score of 75% or greater,
- Correctly answer at least 70% of the questions in each individual module.
|Module||Number of Items|
|Advanced TCP/IP Concepts and Practices||30|
Each exam item offers four solutions or distracters. Exam candidates must select the one best solution for each item.
The following resources are provided as a supplement to your studies, and will reinforce the skills and concepts learned with CIW official Internetworking Professional course materials.
- Gilligan, R., and E. Nordmark. Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts and Routers, RFC 2893, August 2000.
- Harnedy, Sean. Total SNMP: Exploring the Simple Network Management Protocol. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1997.
- Stevens, W. Richard. TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1: The Protocols. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1994.