CIW Self-Study Program
Interested in studying for a CIW certification?
Today's professionals strive to perform competitively in a global IT culture by staying current with related skills and trends. CIW self-study materials are a popular solution for those who need to budget their time and expenses as they build new skills and knowledge. While most CIW self-study students are educated, working IT professionals pursuing professional development and career advancement, other CIW self-study students are pursuing CIW Certifications in order to launch a career in Information Technology. Whether you are a current IT professional or you are looking to begin an IT career, CIW self-study is great way to go.
CIW self-study is 100% online. You can study and learn at your pace, on your time. Each CIW Self-Study Kit includes everything you need to learn, practice, and prepare for your CIW certification exam.
Each CIW Self-Study kit includes:
- Coursebook - The CIW coursebook is for self-study training and will provide you with all the knowledge you will need for your high-stakes CIW certification exam. Along with comprehensive instructional text and objectives checklists, the coursebook provides easy-to-follow hands-on labs and a glossary of course-specific terms. The coursebook is available in the U.S. in electronic or hard copy version. International self-study students receive the electronic online version of the coursebook. Both versions of the coursebook include all the online resources listed below.
- CIW Online Resources - The CIW online resources include:
- CIW Exam Study Guide - The exam study guide provides condensed study material on the specific skills objectives you need to master for the exam. (Not available for all courses.)
- CIW Virtual Labs - Virtual labs are designed to teach, in an engaging manner, about the most important, cutting-edge concepts.The labs are easy to use and provide hands-on experience in one easy-to-access location.
- CIW Movie Clips - Movie clips provide supplementary instruction in a multimedia format, and enhance the CIW coursebook narrative and labs.
- CIW Course Mastery - Course Mastery (call Test Prep on uCertify) is an online tool that delivers CIW course review questions. This tool is based on research in learning and memory, and it reduces training time and boosts retention of material in the learner's memory to provide 100-percent mastery of all content.
- CIW Lesson Quizzes - Lesson quizzes are composed of 20 randomly selected questions drawn from the pool of Course Mastery questions. They are in the Test Portal engine and act and feel like a Practice Exam, but are based on the lesson content instead of the exam objectives.
- CIW Online Exercises - Online Exercises review knowledge of the topics presented in the course and help reinforce learning. The Exercises are presented in a variety of formats including flash cards, matching exercises, true-false questions, crossword puzzles and fill-in-the-blank exercises.
- CIW Practice Exams - Web-based CIW practice exams provide a personalized study plan to help focus your study and determine skills mastery as you prepare to take a CIW certification exam. Practice Exams feature multiple study modes for adaptive learning, personalized study plans and progress reports, study questions, reference tools, and simulations of actual testing processes.
- Exam eCredits* - Certification Partners is pleased to announce a new partnership with PSI, who is offering the Atlas Cloud service (formerly known as Innovative Exams) for remote video proctoring of CIW exams. This service lets you take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. This testing service requires a quiet location, an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor you and your exam during the entire testing session. For more information on how to use the remote video proctoring service, visit our Taking a CIW Exam page.
*Self-study kits are available for purchase with or without exam eCredits.
Still considering CIW certification? Visit the About CIW page to see why it makes sense for you.
Ready to get started? Call (800) 228-1027(800) 228-1027 and ask to speak to customer service if you have any questions, or you can Buy Now.