San Jose, CA US
Project or Program Management
Level of Experience:
Experienced - Manager
The Business Entity
The Security and Trust Organization has corporate-level responsibility for customer data protection and compliance, corporate information protection, and government and product security. Security is a key concern of our customers and a top investment area for Cisco. Join us and help us become the #1 Trusted IT Company in the World.
It is an exciting time to join Cisco’s Information Security Team. We are searching for an experienced program manager to drive security architecture, compliance and operations for our Cloud Platform offers.
The charter of this group is to ensure security and risk management for all Cisco Inter-Cloud Platform services. These services include capabilities enabling Cisco’s SaaS Clouds being sold to customers, Inter-Cloud partner Clouds, and Direct-to-Customer PaaS offers.
Role & Responsibilities
The Program Manager, Cloud Platform Security will lead a cross-functional team of security professionals across multiple functions and geographies to ensure consistency of approach, security capability development, and portfolio management practice in the Cloud Platform space, in alignment with InfoSec and Cloud Services strategic priorities. This position is located in San Jose, California or Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and reports to the Director of Cloud Platform Security.
- In collaboration with Business and Infosec leadership teams, develop and execute a cohesive security strategy for Cloud IAAS/PAAS services.
- Execute physical, logical and product security plans based on the company’s growth plans, related enabling technologies and in support of cloud business models.
- Proactively engage in business planning process with the executive team and drive execution with the cross-functional teams in a DevOps model.
- Execute the overall strategy and execution for the compliance program to include ISO27001, PCI Compliance, SAS 70 as appropriate
- Facilitate the definition and refinement of global information security policies and services for the needs of the cloud business and customers
- Facilitate security consulting engagements in multiple domains including Openstack, BSS/OSS application integration, Network, Database and Security services, etc. Works in collaboration with global members of subject matter experts to ensure alignment of architecture direction and roadmaps.
- Share Best practices with customers, pre-sales engagements and the industry where Cisco can establish trust and differentiation
- Assist the global security team to grow to its next level of maturity and scalability to address the security needs of the Cloud Platform Services team for Cisco 3-5 years from now.
- Must be innovative, extremely comfortable and confident with leading and driving change to evolve a XaaS-based security organization.
- Passionate about imbedding security in the cloud based business models.
- 5+ years of successful experience in security, IT architecture or engineering management. Significant understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies including Systems, Networking, Datacenter and related applications / tools.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, security standards and compliance issues
- Experience with root cause analysis, risk mitigation, security assessments, analysis of security threats, trends and architecture preferred. In addition to security, proficient in other IT control areas (i.e., change management, SDLC, Operations).
- Ability to change-manage organizations to next level of growth and maturity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required including customer & partner presentations and executive briefings
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member as part of a global organization
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology discipline
- Professional information security certification (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP), SANS/GIAC, TICSA, CISM, or CIW Security Professional certifications)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
View Original Post