Website/Application Development, Maintenance and Support Technician
Jacksonville, FL US
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Website/Application Development, Maintenance and Support Technician candidates to support the US Navy, located at Naval Hospital Jacksonville in Jacksonville, FL.
- Must be easy and intuitive to use for the target audience, using platforms for Apple and Android products for mobile devices as well as Web applications for local users.
- Must function in a logical manner for the target audience.
- Must use styles that are consistent throughout the application and within the associated web site, including:
- The use of capitalization (e.g., title case vs. sentence case).
- The use of punctuation (e.g., use of colons on labels).
- Error messages must appear in a consistent location and style.
- The use of Web document notations (e.g., Portable Document Format (PDF), Document (DOC), etc.).
- Layout/spacing (e.g., the space between a field label and input control).
- Descriptive metadata titles.
- Must adhere to industry best practices.
- Form controls that are not available must be hidden.
- Application Testing and Support: The contractor shall perform the following:
- Test Web applications and sites in all required browser versions to include testing through a full range of mobile Devices using Apple and Android devices for mobile applications and provide continued support of Mobile applications for all versions deployed using the same guidelines and time constraints, as described for WEB Support.
- Web applications and sites in screen resolutions of 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768. Applications and sites must not require horizontal scrolling when viewed with 1024 x 768 resolution.
- Intranet Support: NHJs Intranet operates in Microsoft (MS) SharePoint 2010/2013 environment. The contractor shall:
- Keep the existing Intranet pages current on a daily basis.
- Complete all requests for modifications to the Intranet pages within five (5) days of the request.
- Internet Support: The contractor shall:
- Supports NHJ’s public facing website while complying with all DoD, DoN, American Disabilities Act (ADA) (Section 508), and other requirements.
- Completes requests for content changes to the website within five (5) days of request, unless deemed urgent by COR and shall be accomplished the same day.
- Maintains page functionality to include pharmacy refill capability at all times. Any period of downtime to include maintenance must be approved by the COR.
- Maintains and keeps current all content on a daily basis.
- Provides modification, enhancement, and improvements on a continuous, timely basis while maintaining a professional and leading edge presence for NHJ.
- Completes all requests for modification to the Internet pages within five (5) days. This is for modifications only, does not include new development.
- Supports specifications of client/server computer and network systems to meet business requirements and to ensure compatibility and optimum performance.
- Installs, maintains, configures, and supports client/servers.
- Diagnoses and resolves failures in server and workstation equipment and software.
- Responsible for complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with Web and Development Servers.
- Anticipate, diagnose, and resolve problems/failures in various operating systems, applications, systems, and hardware.
- Maintains the existing common-user MS Structured Query Language (SQL) database resident on LAN servers and design structure, and maintains additional databases as required supporting new applications.
- Adds, deletes and modifies user access and permissions to common-user database (resident on LAN servers) as required.
- Schedules and performs daily database backups and database recoveries as required. The contractor shall be responsible for the integrity of the data in all databases under their responsibility.
- Develops MS SQL databases to support business processes and functions or Web applications.
- Ensures all supported hardware, software and operating systems are in compliance with DISA STIGs. DISA Gold Disk standards, SCAP, IAVM notices, CTOs, etc. prior to deployment and must remain compliant after deployment.
- Ensures all databases are encrypted as per DoD requirements.
- Initiates new application requirements/requests within 14 days of initial request.
- Submits a project development plan and timeline within the initial 14 days to the COR for review/approval.
- Completes the most complicated projects within a timeline of six (6) months.
- Maintains a project backlog of less than 14 days.
- Supports, maintains, and modifies per existing web applications request.
- Completes modification requests within seven (7) days of request.
- Provides written bi-weekly status updates to the COR, as well as discusses updates during a bi- weekly web status meeting.
- Collaborates with medical providers and provides recommendations on developing, enhancing and updating web-oriented material, data-driven applications, and database queries and procedures. All developed materials and applications must be approved by the COR prior to implementation.
- Meets regularly with COR to provide recommendations on new directions and opportunities concerning web oriented material, data-driven applications, and database queries and procedures.
- Collaborates with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Compliance Officer to ensure all content meets HIPAA compliance standards and with NHJ Public Affairs Officer to ensure all publicly-accessible content is approved and meets DOD, Secretary of the navy (SECNAV), DON and NHJ Instructions, regulations and memorandums.
- Ensures all web applications meet ADA, section 508, accessibility guidelines.
- Develops and market web-based solutions to enhance and improve work practices and processes. The COR must review and approve all developed web services solutions prior to implementation.
- Develops Quality Assurance and Improvement activities for web services. The COR must review and approve all developed activities prior to implementation.
- Provides technical support to internal customers in handling problems and concerns regarding web service issues, feedback and performance improvement areas.
- Designs data-driven applications taking customer input into account in all steps of the design process. The COR must review and approve all developed applications prior to implementation.
- Maintains data confidentiality at all times.
- Supports all existing locally-developed applications such as Emergency Department patient Tracking System (EDPTS) and Clinical Portal as well as GOTS applications like Operating Room (OR) Scheduling.
- Maintains 98% uptime of Intranet and Internet servers.
- Trains departmental content managers in the use of Share Point application.
- Troubleshoots system problems.
- Provides management of servers and systems that provide services to end users. At a minimum, the contractor shall manage servers, systems, and networked devices; perform systems’ routine maintenance and configuration; prepare reports and documentation; coordinate activities with other divisions in the department; support Level 1 and Level 2 technician(s) to resolve complex issues; and research and learn new technologies that will enable optimal performance of the information technology resources at NHJ.
- Ensures all supported hardware, software and operating systems are in compliance with DISA STIGS, DISA Gold Disk standards, SCAP, IAVM notices, CTOs, etc., prior to deployment and must remain compliant after deployment.
- Develops and maintains system documentation in support of accreditation efforts, contingency plans, system operations and other requirements as directed by COR.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field; Database Management and Application Development experience is preferred. Webmaster shall have Certified Internet Web (CIW) Professional credentials.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft.NET, Cache’, Mumps Data Extractor (MDE), Sharepoint Custom Development, and other related tools such as Microsoft SQL.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work in a Team environment.
- Certifications and education: CompTIA A+ Certification highly desired, Current Security +CE (enrolled in CEP) Certification required.
- NHJ CE training/certification required prior to unsupervised privileged access being granted.
- Must meet all IA Training Level II requirements of the IA/Cyber Security Workforce Improvement program as outlined in DoD 8570.01-M.
- File formats used in delivery of Web content.
- Working with Internet security principles and protocols such as Security Sockets Layer (SSL) and encryption.
- Database management principles and methods.
- DoD and Navy (or equivalent) IT security methods to maintain the integrity of Web server.
- Internet/Intranet design principles and methodology, Active Server Pages (ASP), ASP+, standard graphics, mark-up languages, programming, visual basic scripting, .NET, Windows Visual Basic Application tool, DHTML, SQL, streaming video and scripting languages and tools.
- Graphical design, web enabled graphic creation, color palette, etc.
- Appropriate documentation skills.
- Initial skill sets shall be current at the time personnel are brought to work on the project. Due to the evolving nature of the information technology industry, the Government requires the skill level of the staff to remain current with technology. Continued training for current, next generation and any future COTS technologies used by NHJ, will be provided to the contract staff by the parent contractor, at no additional cost to the Government.
- Clearance: NACI
- Must be US Citizen
Must be experienced with administering Active Directory Group Policy, Account Management, Group Management, Microsoft WSUS, Microsoft SMS, DameWare, Hyena, Symantec Ghost and other tools to accomplish the assigned tasks.