Senior Network Security Engineer
San Luis Obispo, CA US
The Senior Network Security Engineer will be responsible for implementation of security devices and operational management of network security devices supporting the Mindbody information domains and architecture. This person will manage and be responsible for a broad spectrum of security devices and services including, but not limited to, Watchgaurd and Palo Alto firewalls, F5 Big IP LTM/ASM appliances and NESSUS Security compliance scanners as tools to perform Security Risk Management, Penetration Testing and Analysis. This person will perform security event/incident management and be the technical security lead on projects from a security perspective. This person will perform these critical functions to ensure compliance with Information Risk Management policies and thus prevent negative impact to business operations as a result of non-compliance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Hands-on experience of a variety of different networking and security devices, such as firewalls, routers, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanners, etc.
- Knowledge of the principles of defense-in-depth, information assurance, and software configuration mgmt.
- Organized, detail oriented individual with excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to assume leadership and management responsibilities in a matrix support organization
- Skilled in building teams of specialist to solve complex problems
- Ability to successfully multi-task numerous high priority tasks
- Knowledge or experience with penetration testing, security analysis and ethical hacking
- Software Engineering Design and Architecture
- User Interface Design
- Network Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL, XML)
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MIS, and/or equivalent experience
- CISSP, CEH and/or equivalent industry certification (e.g. GSEC, CIW, RSA/CSE)
3) Minimum experience:
- Required: experience in each of the following IT arenas; IT Security, Implementation Engineering and Architecture, Regulatory Compliance, IT strategy and Governance
- Excellent employee development skills with the ability to hire, direct, inspire, educate, support and retain fulltime personnel
- Must be a strategic thinker as well as an implementer who can translate business driven strategy into tactical process
- Good interpersonal skills, which allow effective communication at all levels in the organization, verbally, in writing, and through presentation.
- 5+ years of IT security experience
- 3+ years of networking experience
- 3+ years of vulnerability management experience
- 5+ years’ experience with systems monitoring, including log monitoring, event management, and compliance monitoring
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools
- Experience with F5, CISCO, Palo Alto, NESSUS, Wireshark and ethical hacking tools
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Lead for security projects and provide level 2 support for security devices
- Ensuring compliance with SANS, PCI, SOX policies through scans of all infrastructure systems on a regular basis. Perform scans of any new infrastructure implementation (servers etc.), access reviews and firewall changes.
- With limited to no supervision, perform all activities required to ensure the safety of information assets.
- Implement and maintain proper security technologies to facilitate in the identification, remediation and/or mitigation of security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Design, develop and recommend integrated enterprise security solutions.
- Define security requirements for segment project teams to ensure that security is built in to projects from the beginning.
- Facilitate assessment of compliance activities, ensuring that all regulatory and corporate objectives are met
- Assess and identify security threats and vulnerabilities across the enterprise, and provide recommended remediation, reporting and analysis to appropriate teams.
- Support internal and external audit teams in relation to information security initiatives.
- Identify emerging security solutions, and perform technical evaluations of products
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- This position requires repetitive use of the hands to finger, handle, or feel; reaching with the hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional travel is required to other company sites, professional development training and vendor sites.