Suitland, MD US
Sevatec, Inc. is looking for a talented Web Designer to add to their dynamic team supporting a highly visible federal contract. The position will have responsibility for designing the federal agency’s external-facing websites. The ideal candidate shall provide create and post web documents, manage multiple websites, and provide multimedia support by creating multimedia to convey complex and/or technical information. This position is located in Suitland, MD.
- Create and post web documents while managing multiple websites, and
- Provide multimedia support by creating multimedia to convey complex and/or technical information.
- Will design/redesign ICC websites creating compatible appearance, layout and features of the existing or preceding websites.
- Will convert intelligence products in MS Word format into HTML/CSS using government provided Adobe Dreamweaver and/or government provided XML authoring tool and post the HTML, XML, and PDF versions to the prescribed ICC websites.
- Will survey internal and external customers to gather feedback with regard to website improvement and enhanced functionality. This feedback will be presented to management to determine how the feedback will be used.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have at least one year of experience handling US classified documents.
- Four or more years related industry experience.
- Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW) or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with Web design and development tools and ability to understand the recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Proficient with XML, HTML, CSS, and basic web programming scripts.
- Knowledge of programming languages, operating systems and Internet applications.
- Experience using Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, and SharePoint Services.
- Able to prioritize, organize, and schedule work assignments and projects.
- Knowledge of SQL or MySQL Database queries and functions for custom web reporting and formatting.
- Basic knowledge and ability to use ColdFusion code.
- Detailed oriented and have strong organizational, communication skills in both oral and written form, and the ability to work well with others.
- Able to work individually on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Experience working for the federal government or be capable of sophisticated design and branding representative of a federal government agency.