Web Technical Administrator
General Dynamics Information Technology
Ft Huachuca, AZ US
Provide operations, management, administration, and development support for the 2nd Regional Cyber Center (2RCC) NIPR and SIPR Portal which consist of Red HatR Enterprise, Linux OS, Apache web servers, Oracle Solaris 10 UNIX OS WebLogic application servers, and Siteminder Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication application.
Under general supervision:
- Monitors the health of Portal systems, including connections between application and database servers, by reviewing the system and application logs and using system utilities.
- Patches and configures the portal applications (e.g., Apache, WebLogic) to comply with latest security guidance, including documenting exceptions; plans of action and milestones for correction; and mitigations.
- Provides on-call support after normal hours of operation on a rotating basis and when the on-call staff are unable to resolve issues on their own.
- Ensures disaster recovery by monitoring backup performance and accessibility.
- Drafts when necessary, or reviews and updates existing, documented system procedures, configurations, and security postures.
- Participates in portal application development discussions.
- Suggests and, once approved, implements improvements to promote greater efficiencies and effectiveness within the team.
- Provides troubleshooting support to immediate team and Portal site users.
- Coordinates with and provides application support to network, UNIX/Linux OS, and database administrators.
- Automates routine procedures.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Contract Labor Category Requirements:
- BS/BA in related field (e.g., Information Technology, Information Science, etc) and 1 year of related experience, OR AS in related field and 3 years of related experience, OR HS diploma and 5 years of related portal/ web content management experience.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Contract Labor Category Requirements:
- Depending on degree obtained at minimum 1 year of related experience required.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Three years' experience with UNIX/Linux systems, Web Design, CA 'SiteMinder' Single Sign-On solutions
- One years' experience with Oracle WebLogic 10.3 or higher, including installation, configuration, tuning, and troubleshooting and a general knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Must be able to obtain/maintain Secret level clearance prior to starting and through-out employment.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification required at time of hire.
- A job-related computing environment certification (e.g., Red Hat, Oracle, CIW) required within 6 months of hire.
Candidate must be posses the following qualities:
- Hard worker, quick learner, with the ability to assume responsibility
- Polite, respectful, and courteous
- Talented in problem solving
- Committed to providing total quality work
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able and willing to assist co-workers, supervisors, and clients in a cooperative manner