Instructor - Information Technology
Kent Career Tech Center
Grand Rapids, MI US
The Information Technology Instructor shall deliver the State of Michigan Curriculum as regulated by the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth to students in the Information Technology program for Kent Career Technical Center.
- Minimum of Associate’s degree.
- Interim Occupational Certificate or Occupational Education Certificate in Information Technology (CIP Code 11.1001) preferred; or
- Qualify for Annual Occupational Authorization in Systems Administration – Minimum of two years or 4,000 hours (within the last 6 years) of recent and relevant work experience in Information Technology (Network Administration, CIW Webmaster, Information Programming and Software, and Information Technology Support and Services), and possess some industry certifications such as A+, CCNA, CCENT, MOS, MTA, etc.
- Broad range of experiences in system documentation, computer hardware assembly and repair, operating systems, network security, cyber security, software application, object-oriented programming, NET framework and employability and career/technical foundation skills mandated by the Federal Government or the State of Michigan standards.
- Active community member with network of business and industry experiences to share with students and staff.
- Prefer experience working with high school age students and diverse student population.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Assigns lessons and corrects student work.
- Administers assessments to evaluate pupil progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- Keeps attendance records.
- Maintains a positive system of classroom management.
- Meets with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Performs related duties such as sponsoring one or more activities or student organizations, assisting pupils in selecting course of study, and counseling student in adjustment and academic problems.
- Manage program accounts and projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Confer with advisory members to discuss curriculum requirements, industry standards, and to coordinate activities.
- Confer with cluster to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Provide evaluation and development of the Information Technology curriculum, including system documentation, computer hardware and repair, operating systems, software application, object-Oriented Programming and NET framework.
- Maintain computer labs and equipment in labs.
- Advises students individually and prepares students for certification exams administered by companies such as Microsoft and Preometric.
- Coordinates job shadow and internship programs.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Based on Master Agreement, Commensurate with Experience.
Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, vision; sick and personal days; State of Michigan School Employment retirement program
5/2/2016 – 5/11/2016 @ 4pm
Kent Intermediate School District manages employment applications online. No hardcopy applications/resumes will be accepted for this position.
Applications must be completed online at www.applitrack.com/kent/onlineapp
Please note, due to the large number of applications, we are unable to attend to e-mail or telephone inquiries on application status. All candidates will be timely notified regarding their application status.
The final candidate for this position will be required (at their cost) to furnish Kent Intermediate School District with a current Michigan State Police and FBI criminal records LiveScan check prior to our recommendation to hire.