Webmaster & SharePoint Administrator
College of the Desert
Palm Desert, CA US
Under the direction of the Director, Network Services and Telecommunications or assigned supervisor, provide day to day support of Microsoft Office SharePoint Sites in multiple versions. This position requires the ability to effectively design, plan, and administer SharePoint (current and prior versions) Site Collections. The Webmaster/SharePoint Administrator will play an active role in the design, support and migration of the all Site Collections in the SharePoint environment including Master Page template design, User Experience recommendations, graphics and logo creation and manipulation, Style Sheet design and maintenance, and user support. The position will also assist in the planning, availability, reliability, and security of future SharePoint environments and work with customers to document design tasks.
The purpose of this position is to manage the design, implementation, maintenance, documentation, training and troubleshooting of all District web resources.
Bargaining Unit Position / Range 19
Normal schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Summer 4/40 hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 5:30 pm.
- Maintain both internal and external websites, manage SharePoint administration.
- Develop, design, implement and maintain District internet website, District intranet website, District SharePoint portal site, any special District projects sites, all school/department websites (sub-sites), and all ERP related websites.
- Coordinate District plans for all website communication.
- Provide SharePoint support and training to end users including department staff and instructors.
- Monitor, improve, and update the publication and performance of all District websites and portals.
- Establish and monitor data importation processes.
- Configure SharePoint permissions.
- Work with end-users to create and manipulate graphics and transform vague web requirements into actionable tools and resources.
- Assist in planning, designing and administration of all aspects of the District websites and portals; assist in administration of the web offerings on all networks and coordinate with the personnel that are charged with design, development, content, quality, style and maintenance of the District digital footprint.
- Assist in providing support plans and timelines for organizational change evolutions from a District web perspective and provide on-site assistance for database and office technologies with the Centers.
- Assist in monitoring the life cycle of PKI certificates for District websites and portals.
- Assist in identifying solutions and best practices for a holistic knowledge management program for the District.
- Assist in design, developing and deploying innovative tools to manage various tasks throughout the District.
- Support District program initiatives in creating functional databases and processing systems.
- Monitor the District websites and portal to ensure adherence to guidelines, standards, board policies and state laws.
- Maintain, convert and optimize published documents for online use.
- Track and analyze web traffic statistics for periodic reporting and review of content effectiveness.
- Check hyperlinks regularly to insure validity.
- Create user manuals for administrative software designed with the District website tasks in mind and publish on the District intranet.
- Perform other duties, related to this position, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Ability to: Pay attention to detail and provide strong organizational and communication skills; be flexible to work day or evening shifts; have a vehicle and be able to travel between campuses; work well with others; other duties or projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and three years of experience or an Associate's degree and five years of experience with SharePoint administration and SharePoint designer; management of SharePoint permissions, sites, lists, Web Parts, Templates, Hyper Text Markup, Cascading Style Sheets, Java Script, Adobe Development Software, i.e. Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop.
Degree in computer science, information technology or related field is preferred.
- Security+ certification, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW), advanced ability in creating custom lists, SharePoint workflows in conjunction with Microsoft Office InfoPath
- Logic-based development (building workflows)
- PHP experience highly recommended for future development on web-based platform
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with, and gain the confidence and cooperation of management and other key members
- High degree of initiative, sound judgment, adaptability and ability to deal effectively and logically in solving issues
- Valid California driver's license, must have an acceptable driving record and current vehicle insurance meeting State of California requirements.
The following documents are required:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Must show name of institution, degree, discipline and date awarded. No diplomas please)
- List of References (At least 2 supervisors and 2 current or previous colleagues. Please include name, title, email and current phone numbers. Letters of reference will not be accepted as a substitute for the required List of References.)