Fort Huachuca, AZ US
- Lead for the Portal support team. Provides leadership and performance appraisal for 7 developers, a systems engineer, and a web server administrator.
- Manages team workload, including the work queue, ensuring requirements are captured and documented as they are discovered. Interfaces with both contract and customer management to determine priorities, integrating results into a reasoned, manageable execution plan. Manages resources to fulfill the changes in priorities as they occur, ensuring loss of current work is minimized or avoided. Schedules deployments to provide incremental improvements or additions to application functionality.
- Fulfills administrative requirements such as weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting of team and portal performance.
- Uses technical background and team member input to adjudicate best solution for technical issues and development paths, accounting for other factors such as customer perception and management guidance.
- Reviews and corrects when necessary team documents used to provide instruction, guidance, and operational direction to the team and to users of the Portal applications
- Leads application development discussions, guiding the conversation within boundaries, prompting team members for input and insight. Must be able to govern the discussion sufficiently to obtain actionable requirements while promoting a free exchange of ideas to obtain the best solutions.
- Monitors and manages the work in the ticketing system queue to ensure service restorations and urgent service requests receive appropriate attention.
- Monitors security posture of the Apache and WebLogic applications supporting the portal. Ensures the administrator is monitoring vulnerability, reporting application status, and taking appropriate action.
- Schedules in advance service interruptions as required to support deployment of new or changed code, patching and upgrade of servers, and other activities that do or may result in outages and requests appropriate overtime to support the work. Monitors the ASI Management System to identify work by other teams that may impact portal availability and coordinates appropriate responses.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications Word®, Excel®, and PowerPoint®
- BA/BS + 8 years of related experience in database, application or web development
- CompTIA Security+CE required at hire
- Project management experience, Project+ certification
- Experience with UNIX/Linux systems and shell scripting, Web Design, CA ‘SiteMinder’ Single Sign-On solutions, Oracle WebLogic
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able and willing to assist others in a cooperative manner
- Attentive to quality and detail
View Original Post