Jr Web Designer/Developer
Washington, DC US
Seeking highly motivated Web Designer to support a Coast Guard production environment. The candidate will design/redesign, maintain and administer customer owned websites following customer standards and best practices. Candidate must pay attention to detail to ensure no errors exist such as classification issues, or mismatched font sizes.
The candidate will perform the following functions:
- Convert products in MS Word format into HTML/CSS using Adobe Dreamweaver and/or an XML authoring tool and post the HTML, XML, and PDF versions to the prescribed websites.
- The candidate will ensure that all postings have valid HTML code with relevant metadata;
- E nsure that all XML versions are validated against the Library of National Intelligence (LNI)’s web based validator;
- Ensure that web pages do not have broken links and are uniform with other pages on the same website;
- Survey internal and external customers to gather feedback in regards to website improvement and enhanced functionality;
- Present feedback to management to determine how the feedback will be used;
- Design/redesign customer’s websites which includes creating the look, layout and features of the website.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have TS/SCI Clearance and four or more years related industry experience.
Must have knowledge of programming languages, operating systems and Internet applications.
- Familiarity with Web design and development tools and understand the recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Must be proficient with XML, HTML, CSS, and basic web programming scripts.
- Must have experience using Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, and SharePoint Services.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and schedule work assignments and projects.
- Must have knowledge of SQL or MySQL Database queries and functions for custom web reporting and formatting.
- Must have basic knowledge and ability to use ColdFusion code.
- Must be detailed oriented and have strong organizational, communication skills in both oral and written form, and the ability to work well with others.
- Must be able to work individually on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Must have experience working for the federal government or be capable of sophisticated design and branding representative of a federal government agency.
- Must have at least one year of experience handling US classified documents.
Preferred SKills and Education:
- Certified Internet Web Professional (CIW) or equivalent certifications
- Security+ Certification
- Experience working with the US Coast Guard or similar Agency
- Working knowledge of Intelligence Community classification and handling markings and the appropriate way to treat documents