Web Design Instructor
Okaloosa County School District
Niceville, FL US
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Education, Computer Science, or related field with at least two years of professional experience; or
- Documented professional industry experience of at least 6 years
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications.
- Instructor will be required to earn the CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist Certification.
The ideal candidate will possess extraordinary interpersonal skills, leadership qualities, a passion for teaching, and an eye for great concept and design, as well as the ability to work with a diverse student/teacher population and effectively communicate with students to help them achieve their educational goals. We are looking for individuals who:
- demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain classroom management;
- demonstrate the ability to successfully employ effective teaching methods;
- demonstrate the desire and ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, students and parents;
- display strong leadership, organization, and instructional strategy skills
- display patience and integrity;
- show attention to detail and organization; and
- demonstrate professionalism in every aspect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach all assigned classes as determined with class assignments.
- Plan for instructional activities to include, but not limited to, lecture, class discussion, demonstration labs, and projects. Course outlines and syllabi should be given to students at the beginning of each course setting objectives determining multiple teaching strategies and student activities and evaluation of student learning.
- Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable sequence covering all objectives as outlined in the course syllabus and lesson guides.
- Handle classroom routines which includes but not limited to the following:
- Start and end class on time
- Provide a classroom environment conducive to learning
- Administer rules consistently and fairly
- Establishing and maintaining classroom control
- Return tests, labs and homework in a timely manner
- Prepare students to earn the appropriate certifications for the course of instruction
- Use appropriate assessment tools shall be used that includes but are not limited to the following:
- Select, develop and use informal and formal techniques or instruments to measure student learning, modifying teaching strategies if needed.
- Submit and maintain accurate records of attendance, grades and certification information.
- Submit all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Identify and assess students who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives and provide additional instruction to those students outside of class hours, as needed.
- Maintain expertise and technical competence in applicable field of study. If credentialed or certified, maintain all certifications and satisfy all requirements of the professional development plan.
- Attend all meetings, ceremonies and official functions as specified by the school principal/administration.
- Adhere to published school district guidelines in all matters.
- Perform any other duties, as assigned.