Computer Programmer 1
Oregon Employment Department
Eugene, OR US
This employer supports a Certified Work Ready Community initiative and prefers candidates with the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC). To obtain your NCRC, please contact WorkSource Lane at 541-686-7601 or your local WorkSource Oregon office.
- Computer Programmer I, under guidance of the Information Technology Supervisor, will provide programming technical skills and knowledge for the enhancement of the customer's positive experience.
- Create, maintain and enhance all programmatic needs for the entire company.
- Strong programming, flowchart, diagraming and database skills with good knowledge of version control systems for software design.
- Work with and mentor teams in the areas of programming to deliver high-quality results.
- Knowledge of various code compilers including the setup, maintaining and deployment of new methods in the industry.
- Stay abreast of the newest coding techniques and advancements.
- Keep programs and coding documented using the company approved documentation requirements.
- Support the mission and vision of the company while keeping a personable positive attitude with coworkers and customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience
- Technical credentials, including MCSA-MCSM, MCAD, CIW and CISSP would be a plus.
- 1+ years of professional or intern programming, GUI and application design experience, including experience in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to complete application programming from the initial design to the completed implementation with a minimal error ratio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to conduct research into reusable coding techniques.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills are required.