MTS Naval War College
Newport, RI US
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
MTS is searching for personnel to support the Information Resource Department (IRD) of the Naval War College providing Information Technology (IT) support in Newport, RI. The mission of the IRD is to provide day-to-day support of the College in IT, Video and telecommunications.
The Web Application/Database Developer will develop, support and maintain web sites, applications, and databases for both external and internal audiences. Responsibilities that fall within the full scope of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) include:
- Requirements gathering including interaction with program managers and subject matter experts
- Writing documentation, functional specifications, and sops (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Developing and improving products with customer feedback (prototypes, demos, beta testing)
- Creating, updating and maintaining web sites, applications and databases
- Assisting in the configuration, management and troubleshooting of web and database servers (IIS and SQL).
- IAWF II: CIW (Certified Internet Web Professional), CompTIA Security+
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 4 or more years of software development experience with a focus on web application programming and database design. May substitute education or experience for demonstrable competency in the field of software development (past projects, portfolios, papers etc.), or with education on a year-for-year basis if applicable.
- Must be willing to travel as position may include travel to other Government facilities in Monterey, CA, Washington, DC, and other designated areas as necessary to support the taskings.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess the ability to obtain and/or maintain a SECRET Government Security Clearance.
*Currently awaiting contract award.
View Original Post