New Horizons Computer Learning Center of Columbus
Columbus, OH US
New Horizons Computer Learning Center is Growing! We are adding an Application Instructor to our present staff and you could be the ideal candidate!
We are looking for an Instructor with knowledge of various Software Applications. Candidates with previous teaching experience are preferred.
- Provide innovative, practical, and dynamic computer training.
- Prepare for each class and deliver training in computer software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and various other client applications.
- Training is done in New Horizons Computer Learning Centers locations (Columbus, Omaha, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Lincoln, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Nashville, and Baltimore). Travel between these sites may be required at times, but the primary delivery location will be Columbus.
- Occasionally provide on-site training to our corporate clients.
Candidates must have a minimum of two years teaching experience in Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013 (but prefer 2010 and 2013).
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with training, teaching, public-speaking, or performing.
- Familiarity with personal computers including Windows.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
In addition to the Microsoft Office Applications, the following is preferred but not required:
- Photoshop and Illustrator (number 1 choice!)
- InDesign and Acrobat
- Dreamweaver and Flash
- Exposure to MS Project, Access, SharePoint, Adobe applications, and Crystal Reports is helpful.
Certifications in the following would be a plus:
- MOS, ACA or Ace
- Others include A+, Net+, Sec+, CTT+ and CIW
- Military background