Sr Quality Assurance Engineer I
Aurora, CO US
The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Quality organization is seeking Quality Assurance Engineer to perform Quality tasks in support of the GPS OCX Program in our Aurora, Colorado office . The Global Positioning System Advanced Control Segment (GPS OCX) Raytheon team is responsible for full life cycle engineering on state of the art environmental, commercial, & sensing systems for government & commercial applications.
As a QA Engineer you will work in Quality and Mission Assurance and apply engineering knowledge and quality principles to resolve technical problems. Develop and implement quality measurements. Be able to Influence the successful completion of supported programs and projects.
Duties will include:
- Conducting audits, assessments and inspections by investigation and examination of objective evidence, standards, procedures, work instructions, drawings, specifications, regulations, etc.
- Supporting the preparation of reports to management
- Review and approve root cause analysis and corrective actions plans. Ensuring adequacy to prevent recurrence as well as validating the effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Supporting process improvements involving new and/or existing techniques.
- Supporting site installations and deployments
- Review and approval of Test Plans and Test Procedures.
- Perform/participate in document reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Functional/Physical Configuration Audits.
- Witness/audit of acceptance and qualification testing.
- Schedule and perform program audits and objective evaluations to verify compliance and effectiveness with program processes
- Schedule and perform product conformity audits such as Software Version verification or Functional/Physical Configuration Audits
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Bachelor degree and 4 years of quality engineering experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, including the potential to work nights and weekends in excess of 40 hours/week
- Ability to problem solve within a timely manner
- Self-starter, able to work effectively with some oversight in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel
- Must have the ability to attain security clearance
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- 4+ years of Quality experience
- Ability to prepare presentations, perform independent assessments and evaluations, gather and analyze metrics.
- ASQ Certified CQA, CQE, CSQE, CQIA or CQI
- CompTIA or CIW certs a plus
- Detail oriented, process focused, and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficient computer skills in PowerPoint.
- Ability to identify ways to improve work products and processes and to articulate and present these ideas effectively
- Experience with configuration management processes
Required Education (including Major):
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems Management, Computer Science, Physics or Math