Instructor-Computer Information Technology
Indian River State College
Fort Pierce, FL US
$53,460 USD Per Year
Indian River State College is a public, comprehensive college serving Florida's Research Coast with campuses in Fort Pierce, Okeechobee, Port St. Lucie, Stuart and Vero Beach and a growing Virtual Campus offering online degrees, courses and student services. IRSC has earned a statewide and national reputation for quality, innovation, and responsiveness to community needs, inspiring over 32,000 people to enroll in courses each year. Combining quality and affordability, the College is ranked as the 12th top public regional college in the South by U.S. News & World Report and as the 4th Most Affordable College in the country by the U.S. Department of Education. IRSC was recognized for its strong commitment to student success with its selection as an Achieving the Dream college. IRSC offers Bachelor's Degrees, Associate Degrees which provide a solid academic and technical foundation, and short-term certificate programs to prepare students for careers in science, technology, health care, business, industry, education, public safety and many other fields.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The qualifications and skill requirements for this position include
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field with prior teaching experience in a postsecondary setting;
- Proven track record of effective instruction in computer courses using contemporary technologies for teaching and learning;
- Ability to function in an occupationally-oriented program requiring regular interfacing with secondary schools and industry;
- Documented successful on-the-job experiences in the contemporary workplace;
- Fluent in Internet technologies and computer applications related to the Information Technology degree;
- Preference shall be given to the following:
- Ph.D. degree in relevant field;
- Experience in Cybersecurity operations, including intrusion prevention, detection and response systems;
- Experience in development of applications for mobile devices;
- Experience in advanced Web design;
- Programming skills in gaming, modeling, or animation;
- Professional experience in the Information Technology industry;
- Industry certifications such as Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA and SCYBER, or Certified Web Master (CIW).
- All instructors must meet the appropriate credentialing requirements for the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The IRSC employment application is required to be considered as an applicant for any IRSC position vacancies.