Exam Guide For 1D0-430 CIW Application Developer
Exam Code: 1D0-430
Number of Questions: 60
Passing Score: 75% (Overall) and 70% (Per Module)
Time Limit: 75 minutes
Note: This exam is retired, effective June 30th, 2011. Certifications previously awarded will remain valid. No further credentials will be issued. For more information visit our Exam Retirement web page
CREDIT TOWARD CERTIFICATION
CIW Application Developer 1D0-430 is a requirement for the following CIW certifications:
- CIW Certified Instructor - for those teaching CIW Application Developer content
- Master CIW Enterprise Developer
CIW Associates who pass the CIW Application Developer exam (or any other CIW job-role series exam) also earn the following CIW certification:
Candidates must complete the following prerequisites prior to sitting the CIW Application Developer exam:
- CIW Certification Agreement. This simple online agreement needs to be completed only once, but is necessary for CIW Certification Central to ship CIW certificates (CIW Associate, CIW Professional or Master CIW certificates) to candidates who pass the required CIW certification exam(s).
- CIW Associate certificate. Passing the CIW Foundations exam 1D0-510 is required for those candidates seeking CIW Professional and Master CIW Enterprise Developer certifications.
Students who have taken CIW courses are encouraged to continue their studies and apply their new skills before attempting the 1D0-430 Application Developer exam. Skills taught in the CIW Application Developer courses are best reinforced with real-world experience.
The candidate is responsible for learning the content and achieving a passing score on the CIW Application Developer exam. Comments regarding course delivery should be referred to the training company that delivered the course.
All 1D0-430 Application Developer exams are subject to the following:
- Each delivery of the exam includes 60 items, appearing randomly in two modules.
- The examination period is 75 minutes.
To achieve a passing score on the exam, candidates must:
- Correctly answer at least 45 of the 60 questions to achieve a total score of 75% or greater
- Correctly answer at least 70% of the questions in each individual module.
||Number of Items
|Fundamentals of CGI Using Perl
|Dynamic Server Pages
Each exam item offers four solutions or distracters; exam candidates select the best response for each item.
Third-Party Books, Web Sites, or Newsgroups
The following resources are provided as a supplement to your studies, and will reinforce the skills and concepts learned with CIW official Application Developer course materials.
- Brown, Martin C., Perl: The Complete Reference. Berkeley, CA: Osborne/McGraw-Hill, 1999
- Wall, Larry, Tom Christiansen, and Randal L. Schwartz. Programming Perl. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly, 1996
- Castagnetto, Jesus with Harish Rawat, Sascha Schumann, Chris Scollo, and Deepak Veliath. Professional PHP Programming. Birmingham, UK: Wrox Press Ltd., 1999.
- Federov, Alex with Brian Francis, Daniel Maharry, David Sussman, and Chris Ullman. ASP 2.0 Programmer's Reference. Birmingham, UK: Wrox Press Ltd., 1998.