CIW Network Technology Associate
CIW Network Technology Associate
Exam ID: 1D0-61C
Number of Questions: 30
Passing Score: 63.33%
Time Limit: 30 minutes
Network Technology Associate
(Formerly CIW Network Technology Foundations)
Average Salary: $68,761
- Familiarity with an operating system such as Microsoft Windows 7
- No prior experience using the Internet, developing Web pages or configuring networks needed.
The Network Technology Associate course prepares you for job readiness in many business and technology-related careers. Understanding the fundamentals of networking, Internet protocols and network security is important for all professionals who use the Internet. This certification proves your mastery of the basics of networking and prepares you for further study in the specialty of your choosing.
The CIW Network Technology Associate course prepares candidates to take the CIW Network Technology Associate exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW Network Technology Associate certification.
Average Salary - $68,761 for Network Technology Associate
The 2015 annual mean salary of an IT professional who has been awarded the CIW Network Technology Associate certification is $68,761. This salary was calculated based on the 14,000+ IT professionals who responded to the 2016 IT Skills and Salary survey that was conducted by Global Knowledge in September of 2015.
All students preparing to enter or continue in the workforce can benefit from the CIW Network Technology Associate course and/or certification:
- High school students
- College students
- Technical/trade school students
Professionals in all industries can benefit from the CIW Network Technology Associate course and/or certification:
- IT professionals
- Healthcare professionals
- Legal professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Graphic artists
- Business professionals
Refer to course description for more details.
- Essential networking technologies and skills, including TCP/IP, stable network creation, wireless networking and network troubleshooting
- Various network components and protocols that enable users to share data quickly and easily
- Various types of transmission media, and the ways that network architecture and topologies provide for efficient and secure communication
- OSI reference model and its relationship to packet creation, plus the OSI model vs. the Internet architecture model
- Functions and features of internetworking server types, and the benefits of implementing a Content Management System (CMS)
- Basic hardware and operating system maintenance procedures
- Mobile computing devices and the importance of RFC documents
- Routing, IP addressing, IP address classes and subnet masks
- Essential network security concepts, Internet-based challenges facing today's users, and methods you can use to secure networks and network transmissions, including authentication, encryption and firewalls.
New Lesson Quizzes in Web Foundations Associate Courses
Certification Partners has added new lesson quizzes to the Web Foundations series of courses (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate). These quizzes are available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.
Florida - (CAPE & Gold Standard)
California - (A-G List)